ECOLISE General Assembly
The ECOLISE General Assembly is an annual event where members gather to fulfill statutory obligations of the association and plan activities for the year ahead.
General Assembly (GA) or Annual General Meeting is typically the supreme decision-making body of any membership organisations. ECOLISE GA usually takes place between February and April and is attended by 30-40 representatives of the member organisations.
General Assembly decides on all important matters. It has the authority to perform all legal acts which are useful or necessary to achieve the aims of the Association insofar as these acts do not come within the competence of the Council. According to ECOLISE statutes, the following powers are reserved to the General Assembly:
- the approval of the narrative activity report, annual financial statement and auditor's report
- the decision on the disposition of annual deficits or surpluses
- the freeing of the departing Council from its liability
- the approval of the budget and the annual plan
- the election of the Internal Auditor
- the decision on the number of and election of the Council
- the election of the President and Vice-President
- the admission and exclusion of members
- changes in the statutes
- the tasks to be given to the Council
- the dissolution of the Association
- any other competence given by the statutes or by the law
In accordance with the legal obligations of ECOLISE as an organisation under Belgian law, the General Assembly has taken place every year since its formal constitution in May 2014. Each has been hosted by an ECOLISE member organisation in its home country. The first, hosted by ICLEI was in Freiburg in February 2015. The second was hosted by DRIFT in Rotterdam in February 2016, the third in Amalurra in Spain in March 2017. the fourth by CELL in Luxembourg in March 2018, the fifth by ZMAG in Croatia. The sixth GA took place online due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- General Assembly 2015
- General Assembly 2016
- General Assembly 2017
- General Assembly 2018
- General Assembly 2019
- General Assembly 2020
- General Assembly 2021
Since the 2017 meeting, General Assemblies have used blended formats involving both physical and remote participation. The 2020 GA took place entirely online.