Community-led initiatives in Finland
Transition in Finland
Main page: Transition in Finland
The Transition Network lists 1 initiative in Finland.
Permaculture in Finland
Main page: Permaculture in Finland
The Finnish Permaculture Association lists 10 permaculture projects. The association is a NGO founded in 2016 with the aim to:
- "Advance the awareness of permaculture in Finland
- Assemble important information about permaculture solutions for the northern climate and thus support their development and application
- Inform about projects and educational events involving permaculture in Finland
- Function as a part of the international permaculture network in the Nordic countries and beyond."
Ecovillages in Finland
Main page: Ecovillages in Finland
The Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) lists 6 projects in their database. This number is however only reflecting the projects that have registered themselves on the database. The ecovillage database contains ecovillage projects of all sizes and in all stages of development.
The ecovillages in Finland are organized in the National Network GEN Finland SKEY - SUSTAINABLE LIVING COMMUNITIES OF FINLAND.The aims of SKEY are to:
SKEY is part of the Baltic Ecovillage Network (BEN), an association connecting projects around the Baltic Sea which is operated by a board of 11 board members from its different membership countries. SKEY is also a full member of GEN-Europe, the European branch of the Global Ecovillage Network.
World Cleanup Day in Finland
Main page: World Cleanup Day in Finland
Community Energy in Finland
Main page: Community energy in Finland
Solidarity Economy in Finland
Main page: Solidarity economy in Finland
Community Food Production in Finland
Main page: Community Food Production in Finland
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in Finland
According to URGENCI, the International Network for Community Supported Agriculture, the first CSA initiatives in Finland where started in 2011 and estimates 8-10 active CSAs providing for up to 2000 people in 2016. The CSAs are mainly run as cooperatives and are concentrated around the major cities. While there is no formal organization, CSA is promoted by the Finnish Organic Association Luomuliitto.
Collaboration with Local Government
- https://transitionnetwork.org/transition-near-me/initiatives/. Accessed on June 10th 2018
- http://www.permakulttuuri.fi. Accessed on June 17th 2018
- https://ecovillage.org/projects. Accessed on May 23rd 2018
- Volz, P., Weckenbrock, P., Cressot, N. & Parot, J. European CSA Research Group (2016): Overview of Community Supported Agriculture in Europe. https://urgenci.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Overview-of-Community-Supported-Agriculture-in-Europe.pdf. Accessed on June 7th 2018